Ingrid Nixon ~ Storyteller
1st Place Northwest Folklife Liars Contest, Seattle, WA 2016. 2nd place in 2017 and 2015.
Champion Liar, Stone Soup Storytelling Festival, Woodruff, NC, 2016.
Winner of the Golden Pitch Fork for 1st place, Story People of Clallam County Liars Contest, 2014, and 2nd place in 2015. (Emcee for 2016 contest.)
Click here for a short clip of a lie. (Should lying be this much fun?!)
On left: World's best trophy!
IngridNixon.com / Stories@IngridNixon.com
National Park Service Films:
- New in 2019: Artistic Director, Forest Storytelling Festival, Port. Angeles, WA
- 2018 Storytelling World Award for "Operation Bouncy Chair" CD
- Teller-in-Residence: International Storytelling Center, Jonesborough, TN, 2017
- Masters Degree in Storytelling from East Tennessee State University, 2017
- 2017 Storytelling World Award for "Grimm's with a Twist" recording
- Featured New Voice Teller at the National Storytelling Festival, 2016
- Winner: Timp Tell New Voices Competition at the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival, 2016
- Originator, Producer, Emcee: Story Slam series, Sequim, WA, ongoing.
- CD Release Summer 2016: Operation Bouncy Chair: Almost True Stories, 55 minutes of stories that celebrate growing up and family
- Grant writer/recipient: National Storytelling Network member grant to host international story slam on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State
- Fringe Performance, Grimm's with a Twist, at the National Storytelling Network Conference, 2016
- Honored for Outstanding Storytelling Performance by East Tennessee State University, 2016
- Champion Liar, Northwest Folklife, Seattle 2016 (and more, see left!)
- CD release Fall 2015: Grimm's with a Twist, 55 minutes of delightfully twisted Grimm's fairy tales
- Featured Teller, Forest Storytelling Festival 2015, Port Angeles, WA
- Featured Teller at Moth GrandSLAM, Seattle, WA
- Moth Story Slam Winner, Seattle, WA
- Freeman Tilden Award for Excellence in Interpretation 2011 ~ Alaska Region, National Park Service
- Featured Teller, Forest Storytelling Festival 2011, Port Angeles, WA
- Best Film "Glacier Bay: Beneath the Reflections" 2003 ~ National Association For Interpretation
- Shoemaker Award for Communication Product Excellence "Glacier Bay: Beneath the Reflections" 2003 ~ U.S. Geological Survey
- Telly Award for Non-broadcast Media "Glacier Bay: Beneath the Reflections" 2003
- Freeman Tilden Award for Excellence in Interpretation 2003 ~ Alaska Region, National Park Service
- Girl of the Year, Roosevelt Junior High, 1978 ~ Just making sure you're still reading. :)